Author Topic: falcon-online Sinai November 2016  (Read 1096 times)

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: falcon-online Sinai November 2016
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 09:19:59 PM »
Well they should be underway by now, but I had to work today and I have family to attend to...  as soon as I get them to bed though...  haha

Blu3wolf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blu3wolf.com
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 03:50:51 AM »
We will require an after action report, so we can live vicariously through your exploits!
8OSS/CC
8VFW Wolfpack

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 01:39:39 AM »
So an interesting fact to give consideration to is what exactly "factor range" is, within Falcon.  In the BFS campaign, the weapons are limited to Aim7, which presents a little different threat picture than aim120's.

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »
Had a good night last night...

I fragged up an interdiction mission (solo) as I happened to spot an armored mech batallion lined up all nice and convenient like just to the east of a village.

Take off and get 16 indications to the west.  Geez, is that a friendly 16 or an enemy 16.  I have no idea...  Too bad there isn't any human awacs to help me out.

So I spin a bit, as i'm not really interested in taking an aim7 to the face, and i'm full of bombs so I don't really want to get into a fight with another F16 right now.

Coming back, things seem to be clear, so I go ahead fly over to the target, roll in, and ccip off my clusterbombs on the line of enemy armor.  Wiped it real good.

But sheesh, now i've still got about an hour worth of gas, as well as 4x Aim 9's...   So I go setup an e/w cap 20 miles north of bullseye.

After hanging out there for a while, another pilot (eh, sorry didnt recall who it was) was flying some strikes up to my north.  I caught 23 rwr indications from his general direction and told him what I saw.  "hey thanks" and he was engaged.

I had broken out of my cap and was blasting up in that direction, and arrived to find two contacts coming at me from about 15 miles.  So I step on the radio and ask if he is the lead or the trail...   Uh, he's in the lead, defensive and dragging the 23 toward me.  We pass/merge and the mig bites off on me.  So I drag him around the corner and the other pilot pops in and shoots a heater at him.  I call the splash, and now we're both out of gas, so it's time to go back and land.

On the way back, I saw two flights leaving toward the west,
so after I landed, shutdown, and got out of the sim, I picked up magic in 2d...

Proceeded to direct the first group (a 4 ship) against a flight close to them, and a second flight leaning on them (got them pointed out to the guy that was inbound).  They handled all of that plus their original task and went home.

Then called intercepts on two groups for the other flight (a single ship).   There was a group coming from the west, due east.  This pilot was up to the north.  Then I told him about the 'east group' that was orbiting  to his southeast.  He elected to go after the orbiting east group...   Got another point out to the west group that was flying directly into where the merge with the east group was going to occur.

Pilot flies down and splashes east group, and I was able to provide immediate bogeydope to the west group that was now about 10 miles northwest.  He cranks around, intercepts and splashes that guy.

Magic clean.

Good times for all.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:21:52 PM by b.s. »

snipercan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 08:44:05 PM »
good job  8)

Blu3wolf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blu3wolf.com
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
Sounds glorious! Just jealous I couldnt get in on that!
8OSS/CC
8VFW Wolfpack