Author Topic: Falcon C2 Setup Thread  (Read 845 times)

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Falcon C2 Setup Thread
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:43:19 AM »
Hey welcome to Falcon C2, home of the 469th VACS!!!

If you're here right now, it's probably because you've been invited to help set this thing up...
Make yourself an account and message me.  If we've talked, i'll bump up your perms so you can help out...

What's running?
1. SMF forum
2. SMF Portal

It's on a linux system with a mysql database.

What's needed?
1. Forums setup (categories, groups, member settings, permissions)
2. Forums Theme (a dark background that looks like a RADAR scope would be pretty cool)

For development:
1. Intro/Purpose
2. Training (training for controllers, training for pilots that use our controllers)
3. Software Config/Instructions (how to setup your system to control)
4. ATO/RFF (Scheduling events)
5. News Feed (when we do something cool)

Probably some more will crop up after we get going...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:07:56 AM by b.s. »

Blu3wolf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blu3wolf.com
Re: Falcon C2 Setup Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:37:43 AM »
Two areas cover everything broadly: Conduct, and Presence. Under Presence, the forum needs to be configured, to have an appropriate theme applied, a newsfeed setup, a scheduling system setup, and articles covering an overview of the group, software setup/config and instructions, an overview of operations, and an overview of training to apply our concept of operations. To start with.  Under Conduct, we need to know exactly how to do all of the above - for instance, before creating an article describing how we operate, we need to first define how we operate. Conduct then includes areas such as the group Structure, its Concept of Operations, its Purpose/Mission, and the like.

The high priority tasks would seem to be forum being configured appropriately, so as to be able to discuss the rest of the tasks; and laying out the core concepts of the Mission and the Concept of Operations. Applying a basic theme to the forum is relatively easy to do, so that could be done even though its really a lower priority task.

Id suggest once the forum is configured such that people can sign up and create accounts, threads and posts, the next step would be to create threads for each of the areas outlined, to discuss the tasks required, and/or to accomplish those tasks.
8OSS/CC
8VFW Wolfpack

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:50:29 AM »
I've created a fc2 theme that i'm using to tinker myself, and see if I can get something that looks good.  Feel free to create a copy of your own, may the best theme float to the top!!!

Additionally, as I said over at FO, while i've provided the infrastructure for this thing, it is truly my interest to make this a community that is "ours", not explicitly "mine".  So that said, if you have a good idea, at this juncture...    DO IT!    We can start getting into not stepping on each-others toes when we get that far along :)  Additionally, we can morph things around according to what turns out to "work" in practice, over time.

Blu3wolf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blu3wolf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:30:32 AM »
well, Ive put a theme up. Just thrown it together in a hurry, so its very open to reinterpretation if that is desired.

SMF comes basically ready to go out of the box. It is usable as stands, and I would suggest holding off on creating loads of new subfora unless we have a need for it - massive influx of users and thus highly diverse threads that need organising.

So, Presence. Forum is roughly configured, I would argue a reasonably appropriate theme (or even at least the starting point for one) has been applied, and a newsfeed is set up. Before creating articles describing the group, a structure is needed. For software setup instructions, software must first be proscribed. In short we need discussion of the articles content first - something another thread already exists for, at least for the topic of AIC.

So, Intro/Purpose needs discussion, IMO. Training, likewise. Software setup ditto. Air Tasking Order same. Contents of a news feed is pretty self explanatory, and a basic system is already implemented in SimplePortal and SMF.
8OSS/CC
8VFW Wolfpack

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:11:25 PM »
Cool!  Definitely looks better than the stock theme!!!

Blu3wolf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blu3wolf.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »
Imon my phone in a low reception area for a while, and I see there is no mobile adaptation. The contrast could be a bitbetter too. I might have to see about fixing that at some point.
8OSS/CC
8VFW Wolfpack

snipercan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »
In my phone it looked ok

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 02:35:10 AM »
Yeah so i'm back to not being able to use IVC while i'm in 2d.

I have setup a shortcut to start IVC with /k flag to enable hooks,
I launch that from the desktop before I start BMS.

That should be it, right?