Author Topic: F4AWACS discussion and findings  (Read 313 times)

Nebojsa

• View Profile
F4AWACS discussion and findings
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »
Hi everyone. I didn't see a specific thread for this program so I went ahead and made one.

I've been doing some experimenting with it in 4.33.4 and it seems to be pretty usable on KTO. I've tried it on Balkans and found that the contacts often get bugged and stick to the center of the bullseye. This might be due to some freezing in aispy but I am not sure.

Here is a list of problems I've encountered so far:
  • Double contacts, but this is a well known issue
  • Problems with PID. Sometimes a contact will show up as friendly, showing a friendly callsign while being hostile and vice versa.
  • The contacts will sometimes bunch up in the center of the bullseye. I have not found a reason for this except that it occurs more frequently in the larger Balkans theatre.

Has anyone had any recent contact with the developer? It would be pretty great to be able to use this tool once again.

Edit: Just saw the software thread but it might still be beneficial to have this one just to document everything.

Valid use case for F4AWACS and the OCS is to use it as an easy way to communicate. It bypasses all IVC issues and makes setting frequencies easy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:12:15 PM by Nebojsa »