Author Topic: Making the case  (Read 387 times)

b.s.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Making the case
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:16:26 AM »
Here I would like to present a variety of situations where C2 was invaluable.  First up is going to be this evening's foray into BFS.

Situation:
Avenger2 flight is interdicting west of Eilat.
Magic (me) checks up and finds them on the map.  I notice they have two bandits one to their east, and another to their west, both closing on them.  I am not sure they were aware of both or either bandit...  So I call them out.

About this time Avenger 21 gets hit, by something...  air/ground, I don't know... Avionics out, He asks for pigeons to nearest field.

In the meantime, I give a point out to 22 (who i can't see because he isn't a flight lead, gee thanks 2d map).  Oh and by the way, there's a friendly Mirage approaching from the North, too...  don't shoot that guy...   Avenger22 proceeds to splash the first/eastern bandit.

He is then getting pointed around to the second bandit (ivo 180/20, but again I can't see him)
Flight lead (Avenger 21) has now been given a braa call to etzion (like 119/40) and is pointed at a friendly field.

22 is chasing bandit #2 west, when I see that there are 2 more bandits tracking in toward him, and his mirage has turned away as well...

Magic:  your group is dragging west, into 2 more bandits inbound, recommend flow east...

Avenger 22: flowing east.

So in review:
1.  Provided SA that there was a threat in the immediate vicinity
2.  Provided pigeons to nearest friendly field (not home plate) to a damaged friendly (who DID make it to a safe landing)
3.  Provided discrete callouts to two separate bandits, getting one splashed
4.  Provided tactical analysis to avoid flying my guy into a 3v1 trap "It's a Trap!"  and sent him home safely

Of the things I listed above, the AI AWACS can't really do any of them.

QED.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:18:58 AM by b.s. »